Saturday, October 23, 2010

..Happenings..

Hello! Life has been crazy, as usual, as the semester is in full swing! All of my classes are really pushing and competing for my time and energy as we are past midterm and hopefully rolling quickly to the end of this crazy semester I am in! Since my last post, I have been involved in two pretty awesome events! Last Saturday I was in a show called the Indie Craft Show run by a fellow friend! I'm not much of a crafter, but it was great to be involved in this show to see everyone's creative gifts! Here is a picture of my booth!:


The lovely girl sitting next to the booth is my dear friend, Sara! She helped out by making some jewelry to sit at our booth :)


And here's a better picture of the booth itself :)

I have had a lot of fun stuff going on. Last night we had one of our most successful CREATE coffeehouses yet! My friend Jay Aden's band did a live recording and we also had lovely art there! Both of my friend, Femke Jenkins and Amy Menendez brought original art work :) It was so nice! To spice things up a bit, we also did a community art project to get everyone involved! I will post pictures later... I can't seem to find my camera cord at the moment :(

On top of all of these fun things, school has been super stressful. I understand that once I'm out of school, I will miss these days! I will definitely miss the community that I feel in school. There's nothing like having constant input on your work and where you are going in your ideas. I have grown so much over the past couple of years while attending college and wouldn't trade it for anything... except maybe sleep and more money haha!

Well, that's all for now! More pictures to come :)

No comments: