Wednesday, September 8, 2010

.masterpiece.

So, prints are all finished and laying on the drying rack in the printmaking studio! Phew! Our professor gave out enough paper to make 8 prints, so I took advantage of all the paper and made all 8 (our project requires 4 finished, final prints). The first two prints were strictly collage and then I went back into the plate and added wet media (mostly glue drawing). I took two more prints with the wet media and still felt like I needed more contrast... the image I worked from was super high contrast and dramatic, so that's the effect I wanted on the plate. FINALLY, for my last four final prints, I decided to tint my ink with red. I also decided the best way to get the contrast I wanted was to manually draw the highlights in on the plate while inking it. The result was pretty good! Of course, I have no pictures to show what I am talking about, but I will be bringing my camera into the critique tomorrow to show you what I'm talking about!

Right now I'm struggling between work and school. It's so hard to balance the two... right now I just want to be working on my projects and really growing in my art... however, realistically, I have to work a good amount to pay for these classes! What a pickle! I recently looked back at my goals that I set for this year... I don't need to stress, right? I need to look at the positive...

1. I have a supportive family! My parents have been so great and have supported me throughout my college career. They have taken so much extra stress from me, which is such a blessing. Many of my friends are not only dealing with the stress of school work and paying for school and working, they are having to pay rent, cook all their own food, and worry about dirty roommates... It's so amazing how much more stable I feel living at home.

2. I have my health... obviously, I should always be thankful for life. I am blessed everyday to wake up and see a new day. Just waking up everyday gives us new opportunities... we have a new choice everyday to be positive or negative, be optimistic or pessimistic, or looking for new opportunities versus stressing over failures or short comings.

3. I have gifts... This might sound strange... it felt weird typing it... but it's true... we all have gifts in some area! Some of us are gifted musically, some artistically, some are expert communicators, some are good at making money, and others are great at just drawing people in. We are all gifted and that includes me. I was created with an artistic mind and creativity... I believe that the reason God made me this way is for me to better understand Him, since He of course, is the great Creator of all we see. I've always felt special in this way... I was created in His image to create! I love this fact about me!

4. I am a hard-worker! Even though I have my occasional waves of laziness, I always desire to work hard for what I have. I work hard at my job, school, and art work. Although this gets me in trouble a lot since I work myself until I am overwhelmed, I know this is an important trait to have... it was instilled in me by my parents and I am so grateful for it!

5. God loves me. He wants to know me. He reveals Himself to me daily (if I let myself see it). The Creator of the Universe calls me His Masterpiece... Now that, my friends, is something to be thankful for.

6. I have a boyfriend who really loves me... you might be thinking "well, I would hope he loves you, he's dating you" but really... it's so great to be with someone who really supports you and loves you for who you are. He encourages me everyday to be a better person and artist. He inspires me by how he follows what he loves (he's a musician) and dedicates himself to getting better at what he does everyday.

Wow, I really encourage everyone to talk about positive things when you are stressing! I already feel better. As promised, print photos will be up tomorrow night or Friday!

Here's a picture of my and Jay :)



1 comment:

dawnfx said...

Love this quote
"2. I have my health... obviously, I should always be thankful for life. I am blessed everyday to wake up and see a new day. Just waking up everyday gives us new opportunities... we have a new choice everyday to be positive or negative, be optimistic or pessimistic, or looking for new opportunities versus stressing over failures or short comings."