Wednesday, July 13, 2011

.thoughts.

So,

It has been quite a few months since I blogged. I felt like I had to blog tonight because my head is about to explode. I have been happily married for a whole month now and I am loving it :) I've known my husband, Jay for about 11 years now and he is the best husband a woman could ask for. Marriage brings so much to ones life. I know that I am still quite a newlywed, but it has drastically changed my life already! We are learning to sacrifice for one another and learn each others' needs.. which can be fun at time and also challenging; however, it is always rewarding.


I'm writing tonight because like I said before, I have a ton on my mind. During the past month, so many things have happened. Just recently in my community, two young men have passed away. They were both under 25 and passionately following after the Lord. I didn't know either one of them very well, but their lives have still impacted me. Death in general can cause you to think more about your own life. Whether it's losing a loved one like a grandparent or a parent or seeing someone your age pass away, there is always something to be learned from the situation. Life is so fragile. It's hard when you are young because you feel like you have your whole life ahead of you. If you're in your early twenties you have college to look forward to, then hopefully a career, and then your own family. In general, that's the pattern atleast... and in my mind that's always been the expectation. But what if that's not God's plan for us all? Maybe His plan for us is to skip the college route and just serve others either in the US or overseas. Maybe His plan for us is to go to college, get a great degree and use our skills to help others. Maybe He calls us to a life of singleness, or maybe He calls us to get married and live our lives raising a family of followers for Him. Who knows? He never told us that we were promised all these things, He just promises that He'll be with us through whatever comes our way.

I guess this has been on my mind a lot because I just don't want to waste my life. Both of the young people who passed away had great impact in their community or wherever they went. I'm sure they didn't plan on leaving their families behind so soon, but I think God is trying to wake up our community. We need to realize that we're not promised tomorrow. Another story that struck me was the interview on TV this past Sunday where Jaycee Dugard was interviewed for the first time on television. She was the young girl that was kidnapped at age 11 and was held captive for 18 years by her kidnapper. The morning of her abduction, she recalls that her mother rushed out the door because she was late for work and forgot to give her a kiss goodbye. Jaycee remembers thinking that she would just kiss her mother later that day when she got from school, but was kidnapped on her way to the bus stop. During the interview, Jaycee's mother said that she had put work before her children that day and the idea that she had forgotten to give Jaycee a kiss that morning haunted her for the 18 years they were separated. It wasn't just the physical kiss that mattered so much, is was what it symbolized. Do you want the last words out of your mouth to a loved one be a harsh word? Do you want to end a relationship with a fight? Do you want to hold hate and grudges and bitterness towards someone who means a lot in your life? We need to realize that we are not immortal. Whether you have a relationship with Christ or not, do you want to live your life without purpose? Do you want to live a life of selfishness and self-focus? We should take something from these stories. There is a world out there full of hurting people who need love and healing. Don't think twice when a friend who is hurting cries out in need. Help and touch everyone that you can while you are here. Have free time? Go work at a shelter or help out at a youth center and mentor a teenager or something! There is so much to be done!

Okay, I think I'm done. This has just been weighing so heavily on me. I can't hold it in anymore and I figured since I have a blog, why not use it :)

No comments: